A No Cold Calling Zone (NCCZ) is a nominated area where residents have stated that they do not want traders to cold call at their homes without being invited. They are set up if they meet proportionality criteria that includes incidents of doorstep crime or distraction burglary, are a population more susceptible to doorstep crime, and are within a defined geographic area.
Residents in the nominated NCCZ area are consulted with and with their agreement a NCCZ is set up and an information pack, door sticker and street signage provided.
Trading Standards have set up zones in Suffolk, in partnership with residents, Councillors, Police colleagues and partners.
The zones have been designed to:
- reduce doorstep crime and distraction burglaries
- deter cold callers
- educate residents and empower them not to engage with cold callers
There are currently nearly 200 zones throughout Suffolk, protecting approximately 10,000 homes. Further zones are always under development.
Over 20,000 further homes are individually protected by the supply of a No Cold Calling door sticker.
Criteria for setting up a No Cold Calling Zone
- the main reason for setting up the NCCZ must be crime prevention or reduction, or reducing the fear of crime
- doorstep crime has been reported in the area; for example, aggressive or misleading doorstep traders have visited the area
- the size of the NCCZ must be limited and directly correspond to the geographic scope of the identified problem (normally a road or connected roads)
- there are residents in the area who are particularly vulnerable to exploitation and/or deception from unsolicited or 'cold' callers
- there must be consultation with householders within the area prior to the creation of a NCCZ.
How to nominate a No Cold Calling Zone or apply for an individual sticker for your door
We welcome nominations for NCCZ’s from members of the public, local councillors, community groups, sheltered housing teams, Police colleagues and partners.
If you wish to nominate a road in Suffolk as a NCCZ please fill in the form below.
If you live in Suffolk and want an individual No Cold Calling sticker for your door please contact us via 0808 223 1133, 9am to 5pm or email: email@example.com with your name and address and a FREE sticker will be sent out to you.
Apply for a NCCZ