Data Protection Statement
Suffolk County Council is committed to protecting your privacy and will treat your personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and subsequent, revised UK data protection law.
You can read our COVID-19, corporate and service-specific privacy notices for more information.
Requesting access to the information we hold about you
You can make your request, either verbally or in writing.
If you wish to make a written request, please send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post, to:
Data Protection Team, Constantine House, 5 Constantine Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 2DH
If you wish to make your request verbally, call the Data Protection Team on 01473 265323.
You will be required to provide documentary evidence of your identity and your current address. If you are making a request on behalf of somebody else, you will also need to provide evidence of your authority to act.
Please see our detailed guide to accessing your records (Word, 73KB) for details of acceptable documentation and further information about how to request access to your records.
Requesting information for law enforcement and taxation purposes
If you are a police officer or other agency looking to request access to information under Schedule 2, Part 1, Para 2 of the Data Protection Act 2018, or a police officer looking to make an Annex C request under the 2013 Protocol and Good Practice Model, please read the council’s full guidance for information and how to apply.
You may view the council’s data protection notification. More information about data protection is available by visiting the Information Commissioner's website.
If you have any queries, please contact the Data Protection Team at email@example.com.
You may also like to read
- Appropriate policy document for special category and law enforcement data (PDF, 493KB)
- Data protection policy (PDF, 95KB)
- Disclaimer and copyright statement
- Ethical data stewardship charter (PDF, 218KB), and the Data ethics panel - terms of reference (PDF, 89KB)
- Freedom of information policy (PDF, 138KB)
- Information classification and labelling policy (PDF, 133KB)
- Information Governance annual report 2022-23 (PDF, 217KB)
- Information security incident management policy (PDF, 141KB)
- Information security policy (PDF, 118KB)
- Privacy notice about use of confidential data relating to births and deaths (Word, 18KB)
- Privacy notice about use of NHS numbers by Adult Community Services (ACS) and Health, Wellbeing and Children’s Services (HWCS) (Word, 21KB)
- Records management policy (PDF, 99KB)
- Staff acceptable use of information systems policy (PDF, 288KB)
- Suffolk County Council’s Privacy Notice
- Suffolk Information Sharing Charter (PDF, 82KB)
- Surveillance camera policy (PDF, 142KB)
We use live chat software on our website. This is provided by Click4Assistance, a third-party UK-based software company. You can read information explaining how the data is processed and stored.
Cookie and log files policy
A "cookie" is a small data file created by your web browser and normally stored on your computer. We use temporary "session" cookies that are only stored in your browser's memory whilst you visit our website. If your browser accepts the cookies used on our website, we do not gain access to any personal data. The information collected by the cookie permits the website to assist you in navigating.
Find out about the cookies we use on this website.
Phone: 01473 265323
Information Governance Team, Suffolk County Council, Constantine House, Constantine Road, Ipswich, IP1 2DH